Question:
Where can a white, female unsigned vocalist/lyricist of age 28 find a good producer?
2007-05-09 22:25:38 UTC
Not to make anything a racial issue, but because I'm white and sing/write Hip-Hop/R&B, I've had trouble performing in certain places. I mean no disrespect, but...I'm told my voice sounds a lot like an Africian-American persons', and people love it when I sing my songs for them over the phone/net/in person, but they keep telling me I'm too white! They say I need to pick a different genre of music or just write Hip-Hop, cuz my songs are really good, but.."no one wants to see a white girl singing black music on stage". Is there a producer out there who isn't about my race/age, and is about my music?!!... Anyone else having these...setbacks in music?
Ten answers:
getdayayo
2007-05-16 18:02:56 UTC
NONE YOU ARE WACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME SAY AGAIN YOU ARE W.A.C.K.!!!!!!!1
Alex H
2007-05-15 15:35:16 UTC
Hey, If you have my-space, go to myspace.com/alexholcomb. That is me, go ahead and add me. I am a producer and own a recording studio in the Quad Cities, it is an area between Iowa and Illinois, basically 4 cities combined... Check it out. If you would like to, you can send me a recording be it a mp3 recording or if you got it on tape w/e I don't mind. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a pleasant day!
2007-05-10 06:21:25 UTC
You have a mis-conception. Just because someone, somewhere must have told you about it (most probably in an online world), you don't just have to necessarily believe in it.

If you have it in you, if you really think you can give it your best shot, just go for it. Stand there and perform. Its not an agent who'll help you sell your Cd's, but its your talent. Better start working on what's important. Keep practicing; its not easy. Make sure you're under the right guidance too. And yes, keep going on with your studies / work side-by-side.
TrickyNikki
2007-05-14 21:56:09 UTC
AUSTRALIA is prob the best place for you we dont discriminate against race!!!

I think the people that are telling you your too white are racists! Its rude how can you be to white when thats what you are? Dont listen to them people can sing what they want and if you where to tell a black person signing christina there too black for that music OMG it would be on the bloody news!!! Im not racist im just sick of these kind of nasty coments.

Everyone be proud of where you come from and respect others!!!
Miss_D
2007-05-15 08:34:40 UTC
Keep pursuing your dreams and don't let anybody discourage you. True music fans (like myself) don't care if your skin color is purple as long as you can blow. Look at Teena Marie, Michael McDonald, and Bobby Caldwell (a lot of people didn't even know he was white)...They were white artists who sang soulful songs, and had a huge fan base.
Honeyluv
2007-05-14 11:24:10 UTC
Linda, I am sorry to hear that you are going through that crazy mess. Believe me, a good producer will know talent when he hears it. Be thankful that you haven't signed a contract with a lousy producer who wouldn't support your work.

BTW, Joss Stone is white and the girl is hot and have a hugh "black" fan base.

Don't give up.....
ken
2007-05-14 01:35:43 UTC
if you are as good as you say are why don't don't you go into a studio lay down some tracks and put them to cd and bump them at ur party or picnic's and see if it sparks a reaction bump it in ur car let peeps feel ur flow then in the end color don't matter

just make sure you come correct enough bs already out there for you to embarrass urself
KMD Zev Sub and Onyx
2007-05-09 23:53:21 UTC
Check out perfechterproductions.com. Mark Fechter can help you out ( he lives in Spokane, Washington)
MR.
2007-05-12 23:47:15 UTC
check out tha kalistarz, myspace.com/kalistarzent, they have some good producers based in los angeles
Harshad
2007-05-14 05:37:06 UTC
american